Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22- Costa Del Sol

After a long day of walking, a cool breeze gently blows and I turn in the direction it is coming from. My body is almost immediately cooled and I finally feel it is my time to relax.

I walk down the steps onto brown colored sand. It has broken sea shells in it, making it looking like grains of salt. It is different from other colors of sand I have seen. The water was different, too. It was clear until a certain distance and then all you could see was a hue of blue.

People were laid out on the sand tanning. Others were flying kites or playing games on the shore. Some people walked on the sand just where the water hit. They walked with grins, because the water was colder than they thought. They didn’t move from that spot because that is where the sand was the softest and no broken shells in it.

While laying out facing the water, I could see white sails from boats, people swimming and two people at a time in a brightly colored parachute above them sitting comfortably in seats high above the water. These people were being pulled by boat all over the sea, with the ability of having a complete view of the beach and part of the city. When sitting up from my towel, I could hear the gentle blow of the wind. It was very soothing and much deserved after all the traveling we had been doing.


Well today was our day, and the beach was the spot to be at. Sarah and I woke up around noon and went to eat Chinese food. After that, we went gift shopping and laid out in the sand. We occasionally went into the water. After a few times of going in just half way, we decided to take stop being scared and fully submerge ourselves in the Mediterranean. Boy was it cold! It felt refreshing after lying out in the hot sun. The breeze came at all the right times, so it was hot but not too hot. Over all, it was a fun filled relaxing day.

No comments: